It is our intent to provide you with the most useful information available to prepare you for a career as a caregiver. With this in mind, the objectives of the course are:
- To ensure that students understand the basic responsibilities of being a caregiver.
- To provide students with the basic tools and information they need to be successful as a caregiver.
- To provide guidance and insight into the caregiver industry and the demands of being a caregiver.
- To make the caregiver course as enjoyable thought provoking as possible.
- To ensure that students understand the core principles and values of a caregiver.
What Topics are Covered?
- Residents Rights
- Communicating Effectively with Residents
- Managing Personal Stress
- Preventing Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
- Controlling the Spread of Disease and Infection
- Record Keeping and Documentation
- Service Plans
- Nutrition, Hydration and Food Services
- Assisting in the Self-Administration of Medications
- Social, Recreational and Rehabilitative Activities
- Fire, Safety and Emergency Procedures
- The Aging Process
- Assisting Residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Vital Signs
- Medication Types
- Oral Hygiene, Grooming & Bathing
- Skin Integrity
- Resident with Dementia & Alzheimer’s Disease
- Communicating with Residents Unable to Direct Self-Care
- Providing Services and Life Skills
- Managing Difficult Behavior-Residents Unable to Direct Self-Care
- Developing & Providing Social, Recreational & Rehabilitative Activities for Residents Unable to Direct Self-Care
- Risk Management, Fall Prevention and Ambulation
Once done, you may get a certificate certified by the Filipino Institute, an internationally accredited organization, for a fee of AED 70. To know more about the free online courses, contact Sir Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or send him a WhatsApp message at +971-58-2439959.
- Lectures 82
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 18 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Students 6059
- Assessments Yes